As a guest, here's a breakdown of what to expect when joining your first event on Lobby. If you'd prefer to see this in video form, click here!
First things first, make sure you're joining on a Desktop computer using Chrome (and don't have 50 other tabs open!). Plus, wear headphones for the best experience.
Since Lobby is way more social than Zoom, people show up with their cameras and mics on.
- Click on the link your host provided.
- You will be brought to a browser tab that shows your photo square, as well as the options to play sound and show settings. Once you're here, click I’m ready.
- Next, there will be a few questions from your host to fill out like your name and sometimes email and/or organization. Fill out this info and click join.
- When you enter the event, no one else can see or hear you because you are not in a conversation.
- On the top right of the screen, you will see a list of conversations that you can easily jump into by clicking join.
- Just below, you will see a list of names under people which allows you to click on someone and invite them to a new or existing conversation. Heads up, the host might get up on the virtual stage at some point which will be broadcasted to each of the smaller conversations in the event. The person on the stage sees only video carousels of the smaller conversation as they are talking to everyone (they don't hear the audience), so feel free to keep chatting with your smaller conversation as you watch someone on stage.